Decoding Pakistan's 'strategic shift' in Afghanistan / Moeed Yusuf. Solna : Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, 2013
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The ‘strategic shift’: from what, to where?
- Pakistani policy up to 2001
- Responding to the new realities after September 2001
- Pakistan’s Afghan policy 2001–12: new aims, old behaviour
- 3. The logic behind Pakistan’s paradoxicalbehaviour in the endgame
- Mixed messages on reconciliation
- Leaving the sanctuaries alone
- The flip side: good faith and cooperation with the USA
- 4. Approaching the ISAF withdrawal: what hasPakistan achieved?
- 5. Conclusions and the way forward