A return of armies to the forefront of Arab politics / Philippe Droz-Vincent. Roma : Istituto Affari Internazionali, 2011
- 1. Regime engineering in or control of the military
- 1.1. Taming/controlling the “beast”
- 1.2. Transforming the army and curbing potential challengers
- 2. Regimes facing mass mobilizations in 2011 and the moment of truth for armies: to shoot or not to shoot
- 3. The day after. Armies in transitional contexts: maintaining civil order or engaging in civil strife or wars
- Conclusion: Are Arab armies up to the challenge?