Notes on the nature of the "caliphate" in general and on the alleged "Ottoman Caliphate" / by C. A. Nallino. Rome : Press of the Foreign Office, 1919
- I. What is meant by "Caliph".
- II. The fundamental European error as to the nature of the Caliphate.
- III. The end of the true Caliphate; the alleged Ottoman Caliphate; the origin of the fable of the spiritual power of the Caliph.
- IV. The Ottoman Caliphate and the Treaty of Lausanne.
- V. The so-called arguments in favour of the Ottoman Caliphate and the possession of the Holy Places of Islâm.
- VI. Practical consequences of the errors of Europeans regarding the actual existence and the nature of the Caliphate.